Atlantis



Ever heard of this movie before?

Well, like any other, it's another Walt Disney movie. Not a very popular one I might say. I remember the first time I saw this poster is ages ago when I was still a kid. I saw this in a child magazine and I've been craving to watch this movie back then. But, I only get to watch it like a two weeks ago, when I was randomly browsing through the net and decided to download the torrent.

It was actually a good movie. I like it! The characters are all funny. I like the a-dork-able Milo and his awkwardness. Not to mention Vinny's accent, how Sweet said "Hold on, back up!" and Mole weirdness. It's just... well, what's the word? funny? Whatever. You should watch this. Highly recommended

1914: Milo Thatch, grandson of the great Thaddeus Thatch works in the boiler room of a museum. He knows that Atlantis was real, and he can get there if he has the mysterious Shephards journal, which can guide him to Atlantis. But he needs someone to fund a voyage. His employer thinks he’s dotty, and refuses to fund any crazy idea. He returns home to his apartment and finds a woman there. She takes him to Preston B. Whitmore, an old friend of his Grandfathers. He gives him the shepherds journal, a submarine and a 5 star crew. They travel through the Atlantic ocean, face a large lobster called the Leviathan, and finally get to Atlantis. But does the Atlantis crew have a lust for discovery, or something else?

Favorite Quotes:
Princess Kida: We are not thriving. True, our people live, but our culture is dying. We are like a stone the ocean beats against. With each passing year a little more of us is worn away.

Helga: Someone needs to talk to that girl.
Mole: I will go!
Vinny: Someone with good people skills.
Mole: I will do it!
Dr. Sweet: Someone who won't scare her away.
Mole: I volunteer!
Wilhelmina: Someone who can speak the language.
Mole: For the good of the mission, I will go!
Commander Rourke: [to Milo, who is not paying attention] Good man, Thatch. Thanks for volunteering.

Cookie: You're so skinny, if you turned sideways and stuck out your tongue, you'd look like a zipper.

Preston B. Whitmore: Your grandad had a saying: "Our lives are remembered by the gifts we leave our children." This journal is his gift to you, Milo. Atlantis is waiting. What do you say?

Milo: Forget your jammies, Mrs. Packard?
Wilhelmina: I sleep in the nude.
[Sweet throws a sleep mask to Milo]
Dr. Sweet: You're gonna want a pair of these. She sleepwalks.

Vinny: My family owned a flower shop. We would sell roses, carnations, baby's breath, you name it. One day, I'm making about three dozen corsages for this prom, you know, the one they put on the wrist, and everybody, they come. "Where is it?", "When is it?", "Does it match my dress?" It's a nightmare. Anyway, I guess there was this leak next door of gas or what. BOOM! No more Chinese laundry. Blew me right through the front window. It was like a sign from God. I found myself that boom.

Milo: What else have you, uh, got in there?
Vinny: Oh, er... gunpowder, nitroglycerin, notepads, fuses, wicks, glue, and... paper clips, big ones. You know, just, uh, office supplies.

Dr. Sweet: Less talk, more saw!